LifeSize HD Video Conferencing Solutions Enable More Seamless Integration in Customer Networks for Improved Collaboration and Productivity
Augusta, GA, March 11, 2011 – CMA, the CSRA’s leading provider of business technology and the region’s oldest technology company, today announced new high definition video conferencing offerings and product enhancements from LifeSize™ Communications to help enterprises – including teleworkers, mobile employees and executives – collaborate more efficiently, with more robust deployments and management capabilities for IT administrators.
By eliminating the time, cost and pollution associated with travel, many experts regard video as the next wave of business communication. LifeSize products from CMA deliver superior quality of experience, unique flexibility and unmatched lowest total cost of ownership, allowing people everywhere to enjoy the many benefits of video communications.
All-new video solutions and enhancements from CMA and LifeSize include:
HD data sharing now available for remote desktops and small conference rooms
• The newest version of the LifeSize system software, Version 4.7, lets organizations share information such as presentations and spreadsheets over the network using the LifeSize Passport™ system and the recently announced integrated video conferencing system called LGExecutive, powered by LifeSize. A new software application, LifeSize Virtual Link™, enables this data sharing with the use of a PC or Mac.
• The Version 4.7 software also enables LifeSize Passport and LGExecutive, powered by LifeSize, to stream live HD Video and record, via the LifeSize Video Center.
• In addition, the LifeSize Desktop™ updated Version 2.0 software now supports data sharing and 720p HD transmit capability for more productive discussions and meetings.
Infrastructure enhancements for broader, more secure deployment and easier administration
• The new LifeSize Transit™ Client, combined with LifeSize Transit™ Server, provides a complete state-of-the-art network address translation (NAT) and firewall traversal solution for businesses, to ensure HD video calls can be made reliably both within and outside the organization.
• The unique Transit Client is the only solution in the market available as either a hardware appliance or a virtual machine option, allowing enterprises to deploy a firewall/NAT traversal solution virtually in their existing server farms without the need to provision extra equipment.
• In addition, LifeSize Control™, Version 5.0 video management software now ensures IT administrators can more easily manage critical elements of the network, maintaining reliable HD video conferencing, even in heterogeneous video environments. Specifically, LifeSize has designed Control 5.0 to fit any business environment, with new support for LifeSize Desktop and LifeSize Video Center, Google® calendar and scheduling integration, and user-customizable administrator settings and directories.
“Customers of CMA want high-quality, cost-effective video solutions that help their business do more and travel less, “ said Dr. Gregory Baker, Vice President and General Manager of CMA. “LifeSize, the Partner that pioneered high definition video communications, has taken HD to the next level. These new products will help CMA provide even better value to our customers and let them communicate naturally, effectively and easily, putting the power of video to work for their business.”
For a complete list of the LifeSize HD products available from CMA’s portfolio including their audio, infrastructure and management products, see www.lifesize.com/products.
About LifeSize Communications
LifeSize Communications is a world leader in high definition video communications and telepresence. Founded by industry veterans in 2003, LifeSize pioneered high definition video communications to make communicating at a distance as natural and effective as being in the same room, for anyone, anywhere. LifeSize became a division of Logitech in December 2009, sharing a vision of everywhere there is voice there should be video. More information about LifeSize can be found at www.lifesize.com.
Headquartered in Martinez, GA, CMA started back in 1979 when the information superhighway was a single-lane dirt road. Today CMA is a leading-edge tech services company that specializes in increasing productivity, reducing the risk of downtime, and protecting data from catastrophic failure and attack. Our expertise in desktop, server, virtual and communication systems means we know how the latest technology products can meet the unique needs of your business.
For additional information or to request a live product demonstration, visit the CMA Web site at www.cmaaugusta.com or call Carolyn Rahn Newsome at 706-860-1997.